WHAT: The PA Public School Building Construction and Reconstruction Advisory Committee will hold its next public hearing to continue discussion and receive testimony related to the state’s reimbursement program for school districts for costs associated with construction and reconstruction and lease of public school buildings (commonly known as PlanCon). The Committee was established pursuant to Act 25 of 2016, to review and make recommendations to the Governor and the General Assembly.
WHO: PlanCon Committee, co-chaired by Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Pat Browne, House Appropriations Committee Chairman Stan Saylor and Education Secretary Pedro Rivera. This hearing will be held in the district of PlanCon committee member and House Minority Chairman of Appropriations Representative Joe Markosek.
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Dr. Timothy Glasspool, Superintendent, Plum Borough School District
- Michelle Stepnick, Plum Borough SD Board Member & PSBA PlanCon Advisory Committee Member
- Dan Engen, VEBH Architects
- Michael Calla, Superintendent, Sharon City School District
- Dr. Gennaro R. Piraino, Jr., Superintendent, Franklin Regional School District
- Dr. Anthony Hamlet, Superintendent, Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Brian Jackson, Superintendent, West Greene School District
WHEN: Friday, March 24 at 10:00 a.m.
WHERE: O’Block Jr. High School
Plum Borough School District
440 Presque Isle Drive
Plum, PA 15239
Note: We invite the media to attend and cover this event.
Contacts: Matt Moyer (Senator Browne) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-787-1349 (Office), 610-349-2879 (Cell)
Charles Lardner (Rep. Saylor) email@example.com – 717-260-6443
Mark Shade (Rep. Markosek) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-783-1540